Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Excellent opportunity to be involved in material development, you will be responsible for select selection, characterization and optimization of adhesive and interconnect materials for electrical and optical modules and packaging.
- Ideally, you have experience as a Materials engineer in a R&D environment
- 3+ years experience in Thermal mechanical characterization: DMA/TMA/DSC/Rheometer/TGA or Mechanical characterization: tensile, impact test and etc.
- Adhesive formulation development and characterization (good to have)
- Ability to work independently, yet also be a strong team-player who thrives in dynamic and ever-changing work environments.
- Ability to clearly articulate issues quantitatively both verbally and with documentation
- Experience within a multi-functional team environment
- Self-motivated to investigate and take on difficult problems
You will drive: - Material selection for semiconductor packaging and module assembly, in particular adhesives for mechanical and electrical interconnect purposes - New material characterisation - Understand material applications and feedback findings or issues encountered during characterisation
Education & Experience
Degree holder in Materials/Chemistry Engineering or equivalent.
- Having the following will be advantageous:
- • Knowledge in tensile test setup and sample preparation
- • Experience in SEM
- • Experience/knowledge on solder material