Software Development Engineer in Test, Backup and Migration
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Core OS group ensures the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience! Join the Storage System Quality Engineering team responsible for ensuring highest quality for storage technology at the heart of Apple products known to surprise and delight millions of customers by working on exciting new products. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference. You will be working in a fast paced environment, interacting directly with software development team and other QA teams cross functionally.
- Strong hands-on experience with mobile QA automation.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with Python, Swift or equivalent system scripting languages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Self learner, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver work on tight deadline.
- Experience setting up Continuous Integration systems that support multiple projects.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs, solving complex problems & triaging issues (both hardware and software).
You will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the latest Apple Products with a focus on Backup and Migration. We work hand in hand with the Software Engineering teams to support code changes, focusing on increasing the depth and breadth of related tests in both an automated and hands on manner. The successful candidate will complete both documented and adhoc testing to ensure high quality releases for all our products.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience/skills.