Computer Vision Engineering & Research Intern
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
Machine Learning and AI
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple is seeking highly qualified people for the position of Computer Vision Engineer and Researcher. The team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with particular focus on computer vision (CV). As a member of the team, you will work on some of the most ambitious technical problems, develop new ML solutions that will affect future Apple products, and collaborate with the best product teams to integrate your ideas into products. In addition, you will engage with the academic community by publishing your innovative research, and speaking at conferences and events.
- In-depth expertise in computer vision (CV)
- Expertise in one or more of the below fields : Computer Vision, including but not limited to 3D semantic scene understanding, generative models, 3D reconstruction, SLAM, Neural Network Architectures for 3D, Computational Photography and Videography, Visual Representative Learning, Active Sensing, Pattern Recognition, Computer Graphics
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C/C++, CUDA or other GPGPU
- Familiar with Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research is a plus
- Good presentation skills
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- Encouraged to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to complete the tasks assigned, to meet the production goals and, at the same time, to explore independently innovative ideas that can improve and transform the product experience of Apple customers
- Be able to deliver ML technologies aligned with the values of Apple, ensuring the highest standards of quality, innovation, and respect for user privacy
- Creative, collaborative, & product focused
You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple to transfer AI/ML solutions. You will have opportunities to provide technical mentorship and guidance and prepare technical reports for publication and conference talks. You are self-motivated, excellent problem solver, a go-getter. You are quick to form relationships and work well with change and ambiguity. You have strong programming skills with tried experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering sophisticated algorithmic solutions.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a PhD in Computer Vision, AI, Machine Learning, and Computer Graphics.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.