Security Software Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new insights have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As a Security Software Engineer with Manufacturing Systems and Infrastructure (MSI) team, you will be joining a ground up innovation team creating new and innovative experiences for human interaction with autonomous technology. We are looking to hire extraordinary individuals with strong focus on core application development, great communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams. This team builds security software modules required to implement Zero Trust Security solutions. We work in a fast paced, startup-like environment and you will be joining every stage of development working multi-functionally with operations test engineering, hardware engineering, and other MSI teams from concept phase to deployment.
- We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in the Software Security Engineering space, with a focus on application security.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Rust, Perl, Ruby, Python, Go, Groovy, Helm, etc.
- Deep understanding of secure coding practices and principles.
- Knowledge of web application security, authentication, and authorization mechanisms.
- Familiarity with security standards and frameworks (OWASP, NIST, ISO 27001, etc.).
- Experience with TLS, X509 certificate evaluation or other secure protocols.
- Experience with threat modelling and security assessments.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CSSLP, or equivalent are highly desirable.
- Experience with distributed systems technologies (NoSQL, Caching, Streaming) etc.
- Strong applied experience in building cloud native applications using AWS/GCP.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with infrastructure as a code and infrastructure testing strategies.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in developing and delivering software in low-level environments such as firmware, device drivers, kernel or hypervisors.
- Experience in working in a large enterprise, with a global environment, across multiple timezones and geographies
You will play a crucial role in the development and implementation of secure software solutions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams and work in the following areas: - Lead the design and implementation of secure software solutions. - Conduct security assessments and threat modeling for applications. - Collaborate with development teams to integrate security into the software development lifecycle. - Perform code reviews to identify and address security vulnerabilities. - Design and implement secure coding practices and standards. - Lead incident response efforts in the event of security incidents. - Stay up-to-date with the latest security trends, technologies, and best practices. - Provide mentorship and guidance to junior security engineers.
Education & Experience
B.Tech. Degree in computer science or equivalent field with of 5 - 8 years hands-on programming experience.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.