Camera Process Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you love taking on big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Do you deeply understand how an incredible camera experience should work? As part of our Camera Technologies group, you’ll help design the innovative technology that allows each generation of Apple products to produce photos even more incredible than the last. You’ll design and develop groundbreaking ideas for everything involved in our camera systems, from sensor to lens. You’ll collaborate with teams across Apple to research, design, develop, test, and qualify camera hardware for Apple products. Together, we’ll craft a magical photography experience that redefines what millions of customers can expect from their cameras. Apple is a place where extraordinary people team up to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Imagine what we could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. An extraordinary opportunity to be part of our Camera Process/Packaging Engineering group, we are responsible to develop assembly processes, equipment and materials for innovative optical modules. Working closely in highly collaborative environment with different teams. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of individuals. The success we are striving for will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you like yourself to be challenged with, then let's talk.
- 5+ years of hands on experience working with semiconductor module packaging, with diverse experience in areas such as Camera Module, MEMs, System in Package, Laser, and LED.
- Knowledge of assembly manufacturing processes.
- Experience on new product developments and transfer to mass validations, and to manufacturing.
- Strong collaboration skill to work with diversified x-function team.
- Demonstrated ability to perform DOE, data analysis, and process capability control.
- Demonstrated failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issue.
- Experienced working with subcontract manufacturing partners.
- Ability for International business travel to support project development, and support product manufacturing.
- Work as the key packaging / process engineer that support complex, high volume semiconductor sensor modules. - Provide leadership in the areas of module construction, materials, equipment, processes, reliability, and testing. - Define, validate and consolidate design rules and design guidelines. - In-charge to identify the correct product process flow, compatible with manufacturing requirements. - Work as the key engineer to develop key and new assembly process, equipment and material for camera module. - Participate in external vendor assessment and selection from MP intent equipment, adhesives, to direct and indirect materials. - Responsible for DOE planning, statistical process analysis, process specification, and D/PFMEA. - Work collaboratively with global based in-region process team. - Provide leadership to a team of Asia based process engineers supporting the process development and qualification. - In-charge to provide process communication to multi-functional teams, and to senior management team. - Travel internationally to vendor site to support product manufacturing will be required.
Education & Experience
BS and a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience