San Diego, California, United States
Are you a technologist looking for a career that provides ever evolving challenges? We are the Apple’s Module Reliability Group — specifically battery technologies, and we guide development teams toward a reliable design of new technology components! Through deep investigation and collaboration, we strive to provide customers an experience of enduring quality through these products so integral to our lives. Come join our team!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of the physics behind material and device properties
- Solid knowledge and experiences in physical failure analysis
- Adept in data analysis
- Strong attention to detail and clear reporting
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to complete tests and resolve problems in an unattended manner
- Flexibility to accept new tasks
As a Reliability Engineer, you will identify high risk failure modes early in the design life cycle, and collaborate with design engineering teams to reduce the risk. You will develop new tests based on the physics of failure and expected user behaviors, and deliver test equipment and specifications that are critical to validate the product reliability, and work with vendors to meet reliability requirements. Finally, you will support failure analysis, providing direction based on your evaluation of the test data, and influencing design.
Education & Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D in Materials Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or an equivalent field desired.