Distribution Manager – Central Eastern Europe
Budapest, Pest County, Hungary
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This role has been created to support the Apple Central Eastern Europe business, to manage the 4 distributors that work with Apple Distribution International (ADI) across the region. The role will be pivotal in supporting sales and distribution by maintaining a long term relationship, maintain an efficient supply chain with distributors to maximize business opportunities with them and the channel partners operating in each country.
- Required experience in the sales and/or distribution environment relying on data/analytics to drive sales (FMCG, Telco, Retail) with a clear record of progression
- Operational focus on weekly cadence of tasks and timelines
- Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail.
- Comfortable with managing big volumes of data.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Influencing and negotiating skills.
- Relationship building with Distributors Procurement and Management
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong MS Excel Skills.
- Key Competencies
- Individual leadership (influence), Negotiation, Persuasiveness/Sales Ability, Team Influence, Planning and Organisation (Work management), Judgment (Problem Solving), Oral Presentation, Written Communication, Energy, Resilience and Tenacity.
You will work closely with our 4 Distributors across the region, assisting them to meet the supply-demand key performance metrics and proper channel replenishment. Will act as the key interface between the distributors and all relevant divisions within Apple. You will collaborate with Apple Account Managers and leadership team to understand the business needs in order to drive the necessary Sell-in, Sell-through and Sell-out. The role will be focused on maintaining an excellent operational execution by the Distributors such as weekly and accurate forecasting, backlog placement, weeks of stock management, as well as other operational KPIs. You will be responsible for smooth running of daily operations with the 4 Distributors, liaising the Distributors teams with Apple internal teams for all Apple’s product lines. Active teamwork with other Apple staff across sales, reseller operations and finance. Demonstrate initiative and challenge the status quo. Demonstrate a positive and approachable business manner. Take a leadership role on all matters pertaining to Apple’s distribution business. Distribute relevant competitive information to other team members. Contribute to the strategic plan and demand generation activities for all indirect channels (consumer, enterprise and education).
Education & Experience
Degree in quantitative or business subjects.
- This role will require 20% of travelling to Prague, Budapest, Vilnius and Athens.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.