Account Executive, Romani & Bulgaria
Budapest, Pest County, Hungary
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Distribution International (“ADI”) is the authorised master distributor of Apple product in the EMEIA Region, here contracting with Romanian & Bulgarian channel members, being authorised distributors, (direct and indirect) authorised resellers and retailers across all LOBs and product families. You will be in charge of the management and development of the Apple Business in Romania and Bulgaria, through local representatives who are called Value Added Distributors (VADs), who provide a complete business infrastructure including marketing, sales, warehousing, logistics, localization, finance and business development. Through the indirect management of the VAD team, you will develop the business of the major retail and commercial partners in the countries.
- You will have experience in sales or business development with some hands-on knowledge of channel marketing programs. Experience in direct management of channel partners is a must. Work experience in Romania and/or Bulgaria and knowledge of Romanian and/or Bulgarian IT distributor and B2B reseller channel is a must.
- You will have work experience within Romania and/or and will be a fluent speaker of English and Romanian and/or Bulgarian.
- Sales and business development skills
- Account management skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Relationship building – all levels
- Marketing communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Team work
- Reliable and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to understand and explain product features and benefits
- Adaptable and comfortable working in International markets with the flexibility to travel extensively
- Knowledge of Romanian & Bulgarian retail (must), and B2B (advantage) markets
- Willingness to work with reports, presentations and analytics (significant part of time)
- Integrity and excellent reputation in the Romanian & Bulgarian markets
- Ability to adapt to cultural differences and diversity
- Ability to easily learn and adapt corporate systems and culture, necessary professional skills
The scope of overall responsibilities will cover and focus on: • Devise quarterly and annual business plans with the distributor, reseller partners and retailers ensuring that these are fully executed; • Identify, recommend, filter and authorize new reseller, retailer partners • Take care that the channel incentives are executed and regularly updated. • Optimize and execute a mixed channel strategy through the VAD for the reseller partners and retailers to secure coverage and right buying experience and work on regularly developing it so that all Apple products are distributed widely and efficiently; • Develop a complete understanding of the local market opportunities, (end user or channel) and execute plans to map Apple’s solutions to those needs in order to drive growth; • Execute local and European programs effectively while ensuring that the partners develop the relevant product and segment expertise; • Work with training resources to ensure adequate levels of product knowledge are maintained within the distributor, reseller partners and retailers; • Execute the programs developed by the Channel Program Managers to drive solutions in Apple’s vertical segments; • Working with RTMs, manage effective deployment of quarterly market development funds to support achievement of business objectives; • Build relationships and craft effective solutions for B2B customers • Maintain database of all contacts within the country channel across all areas of influence (intake, inventory, points of sale, finance, channel partners etc.) • Deliver timely and accurate sales forecasting and reporting. • Develop, drive and maintain a direct relationship with reseller and retail partners • Review and lead the country inventory, adjust forecast according to sell-through development. Key Relationships • External partners: VAD Management and staff, Retail partners, Apple Premium Resellers, Corporate resellers Internal Apple: Reseller Operations team EMEIA, Demand and Forecast Analysis team EMEIA, Reporting team EMEIA, Channel Programs Team (local & EMEIA), Sales Planning & Operations team (local & EMEIA), Business Development Managers Eastern Europe, Finance Central Eastern Europe team, Central Eastern Europe extended team
Education & Experience
Ideally a graduate from Business Management or Engineering disciplines. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.