Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible role as a member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and improve simulation methodology and solutions for our Analog, RF and Mixed-signal designs. You will be working with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different tool sets. You will also be collaborating with the analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit design teams. Work will also involve partnering with layout design, technology, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and lead effort of developing and validating simulation flows, improving custom design environment, validating checks and doing results analysis. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products.
- - 5-10 years of experience in analog, RF, digital and mixed signal product development IC CAD support using EDA tools
- - Understanding of Silicon technology and experience with Custom Silicon chip design flows
- - Experience supporting Cadence Virtuoso Schematic Editor, Analog Design Environment (ADE-L/XL/GXL/Maestro), Virtuoso Layout Editor, Constraints
- - Proficiency with simulators, including AMS, Spectre APS, Spectre RF, Hspice, HspiceRF
- - Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification
- - PDV debug experience in various technology nodes
- - Knowledge of Calibre/ICV runset coding for DRC/LVS/ERC/MFILL. PERC coding
- - Knowledge of parasitic extraction
- - Cadence Incisive/Xcelium and SimVision
- - Digital Verification and backend flow including Regressions/VManager, Synthesis, Static timing Analysis, Clock/Reset Domain Crossing, Place and Route
- - Efficient programming skills in Perl, Python, Tcl, and SKILL
- - Proficiency with Linux OS, utilities and scripting
- - Strong communication skills in both oral and written English
- - Great teammate with good written and verbal interpersonal skills, and a service and support mindset
In this highly visible role on our team, you will: - Provide 1st line support at one of our key IC design centers on a broad range of CAD tools including for analog design and layout, analog simulation, physical design verification and extraction, and support for custom release flows. - Work with the CAD team to provide general CAD services support, utilities and scripts. - Support PDK integration and QA.
Education & Experience
Bachelor / Master Degree preferred in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.