Wireless SoC Design Integration Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team. Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development. With a particular emphasis on highly energy-efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture, and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. We encourage you to apply if you enjoy a fast-paced and challenging environment, collaborate with people across different functional areas, and thrive during crisis times. As a Senior SoC Integration Design Engineer, you will work in a team developing Wireless SoCs with custom hardware accelerators and multiple ARM-based sub-systems. You will integrate industry standard and custom hardware IP into SoCs. You will work closely with SoC architects IP developers to develop SoCs that meet Apple devices’ power, performance, and area goals. You will help define the processes, methods, and tools for designing and implementing large complex SoCs. You will develop and maintain methodology and flow checks for your design. Interact with our verification team to ensure appropriate validation and coverage goals are met. You’ll ensure security assumptions for the chip are accurately implemented within the block/s. Collaboration with multi-disciplinary groups to ensure designs are delivered on time and with the highest quality by incorporating accurate checks at every stage of the design process. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of the ASIC Integration effort interfacing with all disciplines, with a critical impact on quickly getting functional products to millions of customers.
- You bring at least 10+ years of experience
- This position requires thorough knowledge of the ASIC design flow
- Top-level integration of connectivity, system bus, peripherals, and CPU IP
- Strong experience in complex ASIC design and IP integration, with a focus on high performance, low area, and low power
- Successful tape-outs of multiple complexes, high-volume SoCs in advanced design nodes
- Proficient in design methodologies and EDA tools for DFT, power, clocking, and debug
- Experience working with back-end tools, including synthesis
- Expert knowledge of ASIC design flow and netlist flow checks – Lint, CDC, Logical Equivalence
- Expert knowledge of UPF flow for defining power intent of chips with multiple power domains
- Understanding of multi-clock designs, power management, reset, and power sequencing
- Proficiency in one or more of the following highly desirable: PCIe, AXI/AHB bus fabric, ARM-based processor sub-systems
As a senior SoC Design/Integration engineer, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of SoC: - Responsible for chip-level design infrastructure - Evaluate standard hardware IPs for integration into new SoCs - Review architecture and design of custom IPs for integration into new SoCs - Design and develop interface logic and top-level netlists for new SoCs - Develop and implement methodologies for I/O, DFT, debug, clocking and power - Responsibility includes feasibility, micro-architecture, RTL design, front-end implementation, and post-silicon system bring-up - Implementation and verification of design in RTL and taking the design through all the FE flows - Ownership of the Integration Spec for the design project, integration, and optimization of any memories and hard macros - Provide technical leadership through personal example, mentorship, and strong teamwork
Education & Experience
MSEE or Ph.D. preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.