Manager, Cloud and eCommerce Infrastructure
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Claris, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. We're looking for a Software Manager to develop a team of extraordinary cloud and backend storage engineers. We obsess over obscure statistics. Do you ponder what drives streaming music service's algorithms to accurately predict that you would like the song you are listening to? Are you in love with data, scalability, and performance? Join this highly-visible team, and be a part of innovating, high-profile projects!
- Experience leading and building a team of highly skilled engineers
- Deep understanding of business critical data-driven products and data management solutions
- Experience delivering business solution ready for the Cloud
- Data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools or underlying algorithms.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in an unstructured environment where you are empowered to make a difference. In that context, you will be expected to research and develop innovative technologies to accomplish your goals.
- Consistent track record of end-to-end implementation of top notch data engineering solutions using both Big Data (Hadoop Ecosystem) and traditional data warehousing technologies.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment and learning new technologies
- Consistent track record to develop and ship high-quality software products
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely multi-functionally
- UNIX/Linux skills, including basic commands, shell scripting, and system administration/configuration.
The Software Manager will define, establish, and execute against strategic delivery roadmaps, actively managing technology risks, issues and impediments as well as the following: • Build and lead multi-functional Agile teams to create and enhance software that enables innovative, business critical data management solutions. • Empower teams to solve problems and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced, collaborative environment that's geographically decentralized. • Respect the need for providing end-to-end governance, drive the team to adhere to existing processes, and define new processes and procedures when none exist. • Transition traditional ETL/Data Warehousing solutions to new platforms using Big Data technologies hosted either internally or in the cloud. • Develop and implement data-enabling software using open source frameworks or projects such as Spring, Angular JS, SOLR, and Drools. • Apply various tools & frameworks that enable capabilities within the Hadoop ecosystem (MapReduce, YARN, Pig, Hive, HBase, Sqoop), and related Apache projects (e.g. Spark and Flink), and NoSQL. • Partner with customers and internal teams to understand end user needs and creatively solve sophisticated business problems • Design and develop robust, scalable cloud-ready data products, using Big Data/Java/Go/etc & Open Source technologies • Work with automated build and continuous integration systems (Maven, Jenkins) and test-driven development and unit testing frameworks (jUnit, xUnit, Nose) • Build and lead teams to deliver premier solutions in a lively and exciting environment.
Education & Experience
Prefer degree in Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent