Inductive Engineering Program Manager
San Diego, California, United States
In this critical, highly visible HW technology engineering program manager (EPM) role, you will handle projects involving the design, integration and launch of innovative Power Technologies for world-renowned Apple products including MagSafe, iPhone, iPad, and Watch. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation wireless power technologies. The Power Tech team features a driven, team oriented environment working with creative, smart people and deals with innovative technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and inspired. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn’t know of yet!
- Technical background (electrical engineering is a plus) with knowledge of hardware and end-to-end technology development
- Excellent communication, organizational, and cross-functional leadership skills
- Driven, self-motivated, and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, works well in a fast paced environment
CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS: - Establish effective and strong working relationships with key cross functional partners - Help put together specification and validation plans and drive key design milestones from prototype through mass production builds - Identify key project risks and drive appropriate mitigation plans - Help drive root cause analysis and ensure appropriate mitigations are in place and communicated - Clearly and accurately articulate risks and escalate when appropriate - Ensure inter-team and intra-team communications are efficient and effective - Proactive problem solver - identify and resolve gaps before they become issues DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCES - Engineering program management experience (2+ years) - system or module - New HW technology development - Power Technology/Systems background a plus, but not required - Electrical Engineering a plus, but not required
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.