NFC /IOT Tools and Automation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. Join our Wireless Technology Ecosystem (WTE) and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. The NFC, eSIM, SE, Telephony team is looking for motivated, highly technical engineer with excellent problem solving and coding skills. You will be part of the NFC/Applets Engineering team responsible for automation and testing of Interoperability (IOT) for NFC use cases such as ApplePay, Transit and Access.
- Proven experience in using Python/C/C++ and/or Java.
- Experience in crafting, writing, and automating test cases for specific features and creating automation tools/frameworks.
- You are experienced with SQA methodologies & practices and proficient with filing bug reports.
- You understand Git and other system softwares.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of ISO14443 application layer and/or NFC Forum/EMV standards/Global Platform and/or Java Card is a plus!
- Preferred experience with Robotics a plus!
- Experience with wireless communication technologies is a plus.
- You thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while driving multiple projects across many teams.
- You are enthusiastically passionate and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways.
- You are laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers.
- Results oriented and excellent debugging skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of OS X, Windows and/or Unix.
You will join a team with varied strengths responsible for qualifying NFC Use Cases on Apple's innovative devices. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for qualifying and automating Interoperability testing for NFC Use cases on Apple devices, reporting test results and filing quality bug reports. You will also be engaged in driving terminal vendors for successful launch of projects and integration of terminals into a robotics automation framework. The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a cross functional, multifaceted and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and constantly evolving domain. You will take an active role in crafting the quality of innovative applications using emerging new technologies. You will be deeply coordinated with our development engineers, developing test plans, automating tests, and supporting design reviews and collaborating with cross functional teams to drive projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
- You should possess the ability to quickly grasp & distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions, delivering clearly documented test plans. The applicant will be an effective diplomat with strong communication & organizational skills. To succeed here, you'll need above all to be passionate about shipping a NFC experience that is the best of its kind.