Software Engineer (backend, Java) - Apple TV Services
San Francisco, California, United States
Software and Services
- Experience in a professional software development position
- Passionate about sharing your in-depth knowledge and experience building applications.
- Solid programming experience in Java
The Apple TV Services team seeks a self-starting, energetic, back-end software engineer who is not afraid to question assumptions as they build large-scale, data-driven systems. Our team focuses on sophisticated services and tools that bridge the worlds of automation and human task management. The team powers services such as Apple TV+ and Apple TV Channels. We are the back-end data team driving the video experience on products like the TV App on all of Apple's platforms - iOS, MacOS and tvOS. We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of how to model data, design workflows, balance between synchronous and asynchronous processing. We're looking for an individual who loves a challenge, tackles problems with imaginative solutions, works well in collaborative teams, and can produce high-quality software under tight deadlines and constraints. You will join a hands-on software development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
BS/BA in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have exposure to some of the following:
- - Built backend services for consumer products
- - Designed or worked with complex domain models
- - Created beautiful APIs
- - Built highly scalable micro-services
- - Fluent in Java and have opinions about Java Stream, asynchronous programming, dependency injection
- - Take pride in your unit tests
- - Worked with message driven programming using Kafka or other messaging technologies
- - Insights into caching technologies
- - Knowledge of key/value or column stores like Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB
- - Experience with high throughput system infrastructure design and deployment