Real Estate Manager
Do you love working in a sophisticated, global, interdependent environment? Do you have a passion for developing real estate strategy? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have a meaningful role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices, stores, and product development centers. You’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run efficiently, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best! Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and beauty as our products. Apple is looking for a Real Estate Manager with experience in the acquisition, administration and disposition of leased/owned property. Skills to include building financial pro-formas, office and industrial leasing, license agreements and land acquisition and disposition. Skilled in planning, tracking, evaluating and reporting on the performance of assigned activities. Ability to work with a wide variety of corporate wide functions to assist in the development of short and long range real estate requirements. Familiarity with construction practices. Position can be based in Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino, CA), Culver City, CA, San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA or Austin, TX.
- Three to five+ years of experience in commercial or corporate real estate.
- Strong financial and analytical skills required. Ability to build financial models in Excel.
- Strong skills in real estate negotiations, as well as written and verbal communications.
- Upbeat and very flexible; motivated and able to work in an exceptionally fast and fluid organization. Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed.
- International experience a plus.
- Managing and coordinating real estate property acquisition and disposal activities composed of multiple projects in various stages of planning, investigation, negotiation, execution through implementation. - Prepare financial and sensitivity analysis for all transactions and projects. - Develop business justification and recommendations for presentation to user groups and executive management team for approval. - Collaborate with a wide variety of corporate wide functions to assist in the development of short and long range real estate requirements. - Assist with the strategic planning for the acquisition and disposition of Apple owned facilities properties, including financial analysis, market information, offering terms and conditions, contract review, and negotiations. - Review and update real estate best practices, forms and documents and enhancements to the real estate database that will improve the quality of real estate delivery. Support the development of benchmarking standards, and key metrics and update periodically. - Partner with project and construction management for field projects and oversee conformance to lease requirements such as obtaining landlord consent, negotiating restoration requirements and collection of Tenant Improvement dollars. - Coordinate and collaborate with facility maintenance program and services for field sites. - Manage current real estate assets by taking a proactive approach by anticipating lease renewals and terminations and all critical dates, lowering and auditing operating expenses, handling subleases and collecting sublease rents, coordinating landlord approval of alterations, completing estoppel certificates, paying rents and property taxes on a timely basis, and assisting in property tax appeals. - Maintain excellent relationships with internal customers, senior management, legal, tax, risk management, landlords, vendors, consultants, and outside brokers throughout the U.S.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; Masters is Real Estate Development preferred.