Data Systems Software Engineering Program Manager
San Diego, California, United States
The Sensor Software and Prototyping team at Apple is looking for an experienced, technical engineering program manager (EPM) with a real passion for software and machine learning to help us drive data collection efforts. This team works with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including AR, machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will lead teams crafting future products that will delight, encourage and empower millions of people. We are looking for an ambitious teammate with a track record of shipping complex new technology and experience in software engineering. You should thrive in a dynamic, constantly changing environment. You will lead teams through the software development cycle from concept to delivery, collaborating with several teams at Apple and driving the definition, schedule, execution and communication of new features. If you are up to the challenge of leading an amazing team in building ground breaking technologies through a fast paced development cycle with frequent changes, we want to hear from you!
- 5+ years of experience managing complex, cross-functional technology projects
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Has a technical background, with hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Possesses outstanding verbal and written communication skills, tailoring communication style and distilling relevant information for multiple audiences (engineers, managers, execs)
- Has a consistent track record in defining processes and leading teams in executing on them
- Ability to dive into technical details and grasp complex technical topics. Abstract key issues and risks into an actionable format for team members and executives
- Self-motivated, collaborative, curious, pro-active with demonstrated critical thinking capability and great attention to detail
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and enjoys both detailed, hands-on work and has high-level of critical thinking
- Knows how to clarify where there is ambiguity by developing plans, establishing priorities, anticipating risks and is not shy to raise concerns to team and leadership
Collaborate with multi-functional teams to drive appropriate research and prototyping opportunities in a dynamic agile environment. Drive end-to-end system software bring up with a focus on data collection prototype hardware and software. Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with Apple technologists. Cross-functionally track and communicate the key developments and updates on projects. Synthesize large amounts of data into concise written and verbal analyses that provide key findings, recommendations and actionable items. Build schedule, identify critical paths, and track program plan throughout execution. If you thrive in a constantly evolving and fast paced environment, have a strong sense of ownership, and know how to foster positive relationships, we want to talk to you!
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related technical field.
- Technical knowledge of Hardware, Firmware, Software interfaces, especially focused on consumer products.
- Experience driving end-to-end system bring up with a focus on prototype hardware and software. Knowledge of user-centered design principles.