Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) team is building the next generation cloud compute services empowering Apple’s software developers to build the products our customers love. We're a fast moving, highly skilled team designing, developing and supporting the operation of a virtual machine and container-based compute platform that Apple’s server-side developers use to build, test and deploy their products! Our web-scale system hosts Apple’s core cloud services and has to stay highly available, secure and "just work”. That's a tall order, and we're looking to add more talented and passionate engineers who love challenges. If you feel like you'd love to join this amazing team, we'd love to hear from you.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with the flexibility to accommodate to evolving customer requirements
- Ability to code in languages like Go, Python, Ruby or Scala
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure, large scale systems, services running on containers
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced and fast-changing environment
- Nice to have: Experience with capacity planning or resource management
We are building a multi-tenant Kubernetes infrastructure platform for teams all across Apple. We have a basic system in place where we can manually clawback over provisioned resources if customers are not using them. However, we are looking to build a state of the art system that automatically claws resources back in a customer friendly way so that customers may reclaim their resources or pause future clawbacks with ease.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.