Software Development Engineer - Instrument Engineering
San Diego, California, United States
Join our Wireless team and drive innovation that matters! We’re looking for engineers with good fundamentals in RF, communication, software and signal processing to join the growing Instrument Engineering team at Apple. This small team of world-class engineers designs and produces precision RF and Analog Test Equipment for use in calibrating and testing the radios in millions of iPhones, iPads, Macs and Watches. All members of the team bring their own unique expertise to collectively take internal Apple products from concept to mass production. Each internal product is designed to Apple's exacting standards resulting in breathtaking test equipment that maintains the quality, accuracy and function of commercially available offerings.
- Good fundamentals in SW design and test techniques and methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- International travel of 10% is required
As a Software Development Engineer, you will develop high quality software using modern software engineering techniques as part of a diverse team. Responsibilities include designing, developing, testing and deployment of software solutions, using a data-driven approach within a continuous improvement culture. You will work proactively with other cross-functional teams to determine the optimum software solutions to enhance the quality of Apple’s products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree is needed, and we highly value Master’s or above. Relevant disciplines include Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Maths, Physics and other Engineering domains.
- Preferred Skills:
- - 2+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- - Recent development experience in one or more of the following areas: Distributed software systems, driver development, web technologies, linux systems
- - Familiar with RF measurements using RF lab equipment
- - Relevant experience of Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD) concepts & scalable software design principles