IS Systems Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We at the IS&T Infrastructure Systems Engineering team are looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to design, build tools and support large scale linux systems. You will play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of services relied upon across Apple. We look forward to your partnering with engineering teams to ensure they are successful.
- 7+ years of proven experience in building, automating and supporting mission critical large scale infrastructure systems.
- Help with our team’s initiative for promoting automation and self-service tools for service democratization and enforcing responsibilities with respective app teams.
- Extensive Linux experience, especially with Oracle Linux, Redhat, CentOS etc.
- Automation and config management skills using Puppet, Ansible.
- Strong debugging skills a must. Familiarity with kernel debugging a plus.
- Good understanding of administration of Linux systems.
- Experience in one of the following languages: Python, Go, Java, Shell
- You automate things rather than doing them twice.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining NetApp, Dell EMC, PureStorage or Hitachi NAS or SAN storage. Good knowledge in FC, SCSI, NFS, FCIP, Veritas, VxFS or ZFS
- Experience with large installment systems
- You're an expert in the DevOps space, but don't want to be limited to that space.
- Experience with revision control systems like GitHub, SVN, CI/CD unit testing, and configuration management systems.
- Experience in VMware, KVM, Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Understanding OS, Systems security / encryption
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be willing and able to travel (25~50%)
We seek a Linux Systems Engineer to support our rapid growth and expansion. This new role will be key part of the Infrastructure Engineering team at IS&T with a broad impact across the product and customer experiences. You will work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design, implementation and support of operating system technologies supporting large scaler linux and storage systems. Solve complex problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support security and business initiatives.
Education & Experience
• BS Degree CS/EEE preferred, or equivalent field with 7+ years experience or MS degree with 5+ years experience, or equivalent.
- Additional Requirements
- - Prior experience as an SRE, software engineer, or system administrator
- - Experience in system automation technology, such as Puppet or Ansible
- - Information Security and Regulatory Compliance