Apple Support College Program - Sonoma State University
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple has always done things differently, including customer support. We expect everything from an Advisor that our customers do, and we want Apple to be a reflection of the world around us. At Apple, you'll not only support technology, you'll support people! This position is located at home from any city across the US that has available internet infrastructure. You do not need to live in the city this is posted in to be considered.
- Real passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution
- Potential for tailoring communication style for differing audiences
- Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Teamwork mentality with aptitude for sharing expertise and appreciating feedback
- Effective time management including the ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Ability to research and grasp technical information across multiple tools while talking with customers
- iOS , Smartphone, Tablet, PC or Mac experience
- Aptitude for acquiring skills in technical troubleshooting and an eagerness to learn while accepting new challenges
As an Apple Support At Home Advisor, you will be supporting many of our popular products, from iPhones to iPads to MacBooks to desktop Macs. As our customers’ first point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of Apple, providing world class customer service, troubleshooting, and technical support. We’ll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your technical knowledge, creativity, and passion to meet their needs — and remind them that behind our awesome, products are amazing people. Because, we believe our individual backgrounds, perspectives, and passions help us create the ideas that move all of us forward. We’ll train you to be the best. This position comes with competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, phenomenal benefits, eligibility to participate in our company stock plan or awarded stock, time off, discounts on Apple products, and dedicated resources to support your ongoing growth and career development! Working for Apple isn't the only benefit. You'll have the opportunity to work from home, be connected to a diverse collective of individuals, earning where you learn. To excel in this environment, you'll need the discipline and ability to work remotely from coworkers and management.
Education & Experience
Students must be enrolled at a four-year university in the U.S. pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher Computer Science, Business, Engineering and Computer Information Systems majors are preferred 2.7 GPA preferred
- Availability to attend approximately up to nine weeks of required online training on a fixed schedule that may include weekends (Training may be either 24 or 40 hours per week depending on hire date)
- Flexibility to work three, four hour shifts, on week days, between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Central and one eight hour shift on weekends, primarily Saturdays, including holidays, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. Central. Depending on business needs, there is the possibility to flex up or down in weekly hours worked.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment assessment and background check
- Successfully complete initial training
- Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM while in conversation with customers
- A quiet workspace, ergonomic chair, and desk
- A hard-wired internet connection directly from a provider with a minimum download speed of 10 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload at your address, with less than 150 ms latency. Internet must be hardwired to the home as well as to the equipment provided. A wireless connection to the Apple equipment is not allowed under any circumstances.
- If you live in Colorado, please click here. This disclosure is required by Colorado law and only applies to Colorado residents.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally-protected characteristics.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.