Senior Architect - Data Governance Engineering
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Ad Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms team is seeking a Senior Data Architect to support of our data governance objectives. You will play a crucial role in delivering on Apple's privacy commitments to our customers. You will partner across our engineering, product, privacy and reliability organizations to deliver on data access, use, protection, minimization, retention, and other data governance execution areas. You will define, design, and implement data governance platform strategies for operational, privacy, security, and other related control areas.
- Overall 10+ years experience in data architecture, modeling and management, with deep exposure to privacy principles
- Assist in the definition, documentation and development of mapping rules for movement of data from disparate data sources and into the various components and subject areas of the data governance environment
- Experience in multifaceted landscape of data domains and systems such as Spark, Snowflake, Hadoop, Kafka, and other distributed data lake systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead and build automation for multiple user experiences (mobile, web, desktop) as well as extensive API testing and documentation using OpenAPI and OpenTelemetry
- Working experience utilizing CICD and observability concepts targeting streamlined production environments
- Possesses outstanding analytical and conceptual thinking skills, ability to influence partners and work closely with them to resolve acceptable solutions
- Most importantly, a sense of humor and an eagerness to learn
At Ad Platforms, we are constantly building and deploying new experiences designed to provide amazing user experiences for our customers and drive value for publishers and developers. As a Senior Data Architect, you will guide the evolution of our data management team to meet the challenges of increasing scale and complexity in what we deliver! - Provide hands-on data modeling (relational and dimensional) across multiple data warehouses in concert with the data governance environment - Move between high level architectural review/design and the "roll up the sleeves" level of providing architectural oversight for project delivery - Produce high quality processes that lead to the productive use of data systems with excellent reliability and scalability - Define and institute best practices in storage, governance, processing, copy/synchronization, lifecycle management, etc. appropriate to the scale and maturity of our products. - Use a strong understanding of the intersection between business, analytics, and engineering resulting in a proactive approach, focusing on reusable solutions, to improve efficiency and time to insight - Work in a rapidly changing environment and perform effectively in a sprint-based, agile development environment.