Wireless Hardware Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving for will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? Be a part of a premier design team responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and integration of the baseband system for all Apple products. The applicant should be familiar with computer system architecture and digital design. The candidate will work proactively with other cross-functional engineering groups.
- 10+ years industry experience
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- Schematic capture, layout design and review
- Experience with mobile platform system design, system integration and/or high-volume consumer electronics design
- Experience with voltage regulators, LDO, switch mode power supplies (SMPS)
- Experience with high-speed and low-speed digital interfaces, e.g. PCIe, SPMI, RFFE, etc.
- Bench-level design verification experience with high-speed oscilloscopes, J-BERT, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, phase noise analyzer, etc. a plus
- Signal/Power integrity simulation experience with SIwave, HFSS, etc a plus
- Experience with clock and timing devices, e.g. crystal resonator, TCXO, crystal oscillator a plus
- Experience with wireless chipset, e.g. WIFI/BT, GNSS, cellular, NFC is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Position will require some international travel when approved to do so
This is an EE (a.k.a baseband HW) position in the Hardware Technology group of Apple and it is one of the most diverse roles out there! This team is responsible for the digital and power management domain of all wireless chipset in Apple products from concept to product announcement. During architectural stage you will work with world-class architects and IC designers on next-gen chipset’s Power/Digital/Clock management. During development, you will drive schematics/layout/bring-up of both development and form factor HW. You will debug HW/SW/Co-existence issue that are often seen only by the scale and volume of an Apple product. You will also have the full weight of the world’s leading contract manufacturer behind you in factory prototype support. This role also requires heavy cross-functional collaboration with other teams (Apple SoC, battery, sensors, iOS…etc) and therefore, you will also maintain a firm grasp of the entire product landscape outside of wireless design. Everything is going wireless. Join the evolution!
Education & Experience
BSEE or equivalent required; MSEE or equivalent preferred