Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. In this role, you will be a member of the system-on-chip (SOC) Architecture team, working within the hardware technology group to shape the architecture of Apple's future devices. Our team initiates and fosters deep collaboration between the SOC architecture, design, power, and software teams, to deliver world-class network-on-chip and caches/memory system quality-of-service. The end goal is to provide the best customer experience on the planet by enabling all the CPUs, GPUs, Machine Learning, Camera, Display, and Connectivity components on our chips to work seamlessly together.
- 5+ years of experience in power architecture.
- Demonstrated ability of analyzing large amounts of silicon, emulation, and/or model P/W data and proposing innovative optimizations.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through power initiatives from Concept, Documentation, Pre-Si, Post-SI to production.
- Proficient in Python, Tableau, C, Excel.
- GPU architecture knowledge a plus.
Responsible for evaluating future needs and suggesting industry leading solutions given proven expertise in the following areas: - Thermal Management / Metrology - Peak current mitigation - Di/Dt mitigation using analog and digital solutions - Dynamic power and voltage islands - Predictive p-state management - Data-path power measurement and optimizations
Education & Experience
- MS or PhD in Computer or Electrical Engineering