Ergonomics Product Design Engineering Program Manager (EPM), Technology Development Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we strive to achieve surprise and delight for every one of our millions of customers around the world. Our team is seeking an experienced, highly technical EPM to drive cross-functional research, user studies, safety, comfort, and performance requirements supporting an advanced ergonomic product design organization. This role will include frequent multi-disciplinary collaboration with teams like Product Design, Human Engineering, Core Technology, and more to define specification, and validation plans that map from top level features down to hardware, research study and experimentation specifications. We need someone to work cross-functionally to accurately demonstrate human factor trade-offs, distill them into key performance requirements, and drive product decisions. Does this sound like you? If so we'd love to hear from you!!!
- 5+ years of combined experience in program management and human/systems engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials, complex integration, user study development and execution with a consistent track record leading and shipping multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experience leading full life-cycle program development in highly dynamic and ambiguous work environments, with a keen eye for user experience and impact
- Wide knowledge of product development processes including familiarity of manufacturing, rapid-prototyping and assembly processes
- Experience managing projects that require in-person user-study sessions and complex data analysis
- Prior experience with design of human studies for engineering evaluation is highly desirable
- Ability to anticipate functional direction and roadblocks, prioritize parallel closure paths, and effectively distill and communicate relevant HW/SW design trade-offs to the appropriate functional teams, including leadership
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and cross-functional engagement skills are critical
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking.
As an Ergonomics PD EPM, you will partner with the product design, human engineering, and Core Technology teams to define product specifications, create validation plans, and drive cross functional reviews with peers and executive teams You will be responsible for: Assisting in the development of research questions and studies around perceptual comfort, safety and user experience Working cross-functionally with other team members to translate user-study data into transformative hardware prototypes and demonstrations, evaluating multiple inputs, converging on the plan and building consensus Driving the manufacturing and assembly of early prototypes, managing budget and authorizing payment Developing and maintaining knowledge management system to capture user-study data and findings Creating and documenting hardware system specifications based on top level features Mapping end-to-end feature specifications to test and validation requirements Presenting your findings to cross-functional partners and stakeholders Creating and maintaining streamlined development schedules by redirecting pitfalls and developing an improved course of action Offering multiple levels of status updates across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management Driving cross-functional teams to execute complex projects in dynamic and ambiguous work environments
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Human Computer Interaction OR equivalent degree/experience.