Austin, Texas, United States
The ECAD Engineering Tools & Solutions Org is responsible for building best in class workflows for analysis and simulations of Apple circuit board designs. We develop new methods to analyze complex designs to enable the quality assessment of our products before manufacturing. We are seeking a Simulations engineer, who will operate in a highly transparent multi-functional role and will be empowered to work with key Product team members to identify problem areas, optimization opportunities and generate requirements Using detailed knowledge of the systems design process, the engineer will specify, architect and develop solutions to improve the efficiency and productivity of the Apple system design teams. Finally, the individual will have the ability to set the technical direction for multi-functional teams as they strategically plan and tactically implement company wide solutions. Come join us!
- 6-8 years of experience with EDA tools such as HFSS, Q3D, SIwave, PowerSI, PowerDC, HyperLynx and system design methodologies.
- A proven understanding of fundamentals of Signal and Power integrity
- Thrives in a multifaceted work environment, independently and as part of a team with a go-getter attitude.
- Good knowledge of simulation tools especially, Sigrity, HFSS and Keysight.
- Knowledge and understanding of training development and delivery
- Good debugging ability for understanding the root cause of the issue
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Confluence is a plus
Design, architect and develop, simulation solutions on sophisticated, innovative circuit boards. Analyze and perform electrical extraction of high- speed nets for design verification. Develop a regression infrastructure and suggest design metrics that can be tracked. Work with multi-functional partners to define use cases, brainstorm solutions and generate product requirements. Act as domain expert and evangelize innovative analysis and simulation to the hardware engineering community. Work with vendors to ensure that our Apple’s needs are understood and met. Experienced in developing training on a variety of technical concepts including, but not limited to, PCB design and schematic design flows and delivering them efficiently. Proficiency in delivering knowledge through eLearning tools and measure its effectiveness to improve the overall experience. Good communication skills are relevant. They should be able to present clearly and concisely, both in-person and via written instructions. The ideal candidate will supply outstanding leadership skills and problem-solving abilities to the best hardware engineering team in the world.
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MS or Ph.D. preferred Some experience with programming languages like Java, Ruby, Python, Perl or SQL
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Sprint development process
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Knowledge of PCB design