Cellular Data Plane System Architect
Wireless technologies have become a crucial part of all Apple devices. With the latest developments in cellular, we study the performance of our devices in complex radio and network conditions, and gain insights for system design. We are searching for a system architect / engineer with proven experience to join our team. In this role, you will be a key member of the cellular data plane team working on modem systems architecture aspects for layer 2 and above. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
- 4+ years of experience as a wireless system architect, having gone through development, bring-up, and commercialization of a product
- Deep understanding of communication systems (cellular, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP based networking
- Be able to understand and participate in the design of complex SW, performance optimization, and hardware acceleration
- Proficiency in C++ and Python for scripting, analysis, visualization
- Experience in 3gpp protocols (MAC, RLC, PDCP and control plane) – advantage
- Experience in layer 1 (PHY) – advantage
- Experience in a system or network simulation environment (e.g., SystemC, ns-3) – advantage
- You will write system specifications requirements and define the data processing architecture for the data plane of the cellular modem, covering 3GPP MAC layer and above. - You will be responsible for the delivery of modem features from concept, architecture through system design, verification, and performance optimization. - You will extend and execute C++ and Python simulations in order to provide system reference models, and analyze the performance of the modem protocol data plane architecture.
Education & Experience
Bsc / Msc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required.