Analog Design Engineer (DC-DC) - Power Management (m/f/d)
Livorno, Tuscany, Italy
Would you like to be a part of Apple PMU team in Livorno? Are you passionate about analog circuit design? Do you want to become a visible part of development team creating innovative products? We develop and deliver best in class Power Management Unit Integrated Circuits to enable unique user experience. As a member of our multicultural team, you will participate in the development of pioneering power management ICs for all kind of Apple products. You will engage in the full process of chip development from concept definition to silicon bring-up in the local labs. Your responsibilities will cover key architecture definition and selection as well as its implementation, verification and validation. You will also support the production test development, evaluation and qualification.
- Deep knowledge of transistor level design
- Experience in design, verification and simulation of power management circuits such as DC-DC converters, charge pumps, amplifiers, comparators meeting power, area and performance specification
- Expertise in Buck or Boost converters is considered as beneficial
- Expertise in High Voltage design is considered as beneficial
- Expertise in design analyses methods such as small signal, feedback loop systems, efficiency analysis
- Ability to work close with the layout team to ensure quality and compactness of the block layout
- Ability to cooperate with the lab team for block characterization and debugging
- Basic knowledge of IC Production Test and Qualification
- Knowledge of hardware description languages (VHDL, Verilog) and use of Matlab is advantageous
- Ability to work well on a team, take ownership and encourage others
- Fluency in English is required
- Take part in the entire process of IP development starting from architecture definition and specification through design and verification ending on lab validation and debug support - Become in charge of development of best-in-class power management solutions and verify its compliancy to specification pre and post layout - Support layout team, DFT and AMS teams during design phase - Closely collaborate with the validation team on debugging and characterization of the block and with the test team to ensure production test quality and coverage
Education & Experience
Either MSc (preferred in EE) or PhD (preferred in EE)
- Some international travel might be required.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.