Senior Development Engineer - tvOS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The tvOS Systems Team crafts solutions for the home, from building incredible user experiences to building the ecosystem to allow Apple devices to work better together. We make software for HomePod, Apple TV, iPhone, and other Apple products that allows our users to interact with Siri, control their smart home, and have a ground-breaking listening experience anywhere in their house. Our engineers employ their talent and tools to write the code that makes these experiences possible. They work multi-functionally with teams across Apple to build a seamless experience. Join the team to build what’s next! The tvOS Systems engineering organization is looking for an expert software developer interested in crafting and developing exciting features and technologies for the HomePod. You will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining critical projects supported on iOS, tvOS and macOS. We contribute to the success of many of Apple’s product line including HomePod and AppleTV, iPhone, iPad, and Macs. This is a highly multi-functional role where you will work closely with key partner software development teams and lead feature development of new features.
- 8+ years of iOS software development experience
- Technical leadership experience
- Experience in development of public APIs and frameworks
- Proficient with Objective-C/Swift coding and debugging
- Experience with media and network programming
- Consistent track record of delivering high quality software, on time and in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience influencing multi-functional teams to deliver successful products
Contribute to a team of experienced multi-disciplined software engineers. Investigate and deepen your knowledge in the technologies that are critical to HomePod. Handle numerous projects from initial design through first ship to customers. Collaborate with Siri, HomeKit, Music, Audio and other Apple teams. Act as a technical leader when design directions are unclear. Make a direct impact on an amazing product.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field.