Senior Software Analytics Engineer - Apple Services Engineering
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer, technical product manager, or engineering-focused management consultant.
- Strong software design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with large, cross-functional teams spread across multiple locations.
- Comfort with translating ambiguous high-level analytics questions into concrete engineering asks.
- Clear and concise communication.
- Strong prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously with overlapping deadlines.
You’ll be tasked with designing, launching, and supporting new metrics infrastructure products as necessary to answer high-level analytics questions at scale. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development management, from brainstorming, design and analysis to development, implementation and maintenance. You will also be expected to write and maintain instrumentation specifications—documents that specify what fields and values should we collect as well as what triggers this data collection—for all new features released across our media products. To accomplish all this, you’ll collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders including product managers, client and server engineering, data scientists/business analysts, privacy engineers/attorneys, QA, and more. You will: Develop frameworks and tools for the iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS platforms to collect analytics data from our products and services. Write detailed client instrumentation specifications for new features across Apple’s services that provide clear guidance to engineering, data science, and QA stakeholders about what data should be collected and when manage the end-to-end design, launch, and support of new metrics infrastructure as needed to address complex analytics needs, including technical system design and implementation. Advise business and engineering stakeholders by serving as a data collection subject-matter-expert who understands how analytics-related asks will impact numerous server and client engineering systems. Design innovative technologies with privacy and legal teams to ensure that both Apple’s analytics needs are met and consumer privacy is protected.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience