Managing Producer, Interactive
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Apple Japan Marketing Communications team (Marcom) is responsible for developing breakthrough marketing campaigns that incorporate all communications disciplines. The Interactive team is recruiting a seasoned producer for a managerial role. This person will oversee a team of interactive producers with a focus on launching products and product information on http://apple.com as well as associated email marketing. Candidates for this position must have a clear track record of digital innovation and delivery. In addition to being a critical part of Apple’s product marketing strategy, http://apple.com is a showcase for internet standards and innovation. Candidates should have measurable experience in marketing and development of digital communications across multiple channels and platforms. Candidates for this position should be engaged in the latest in internet advancements and technology, and be prepared to take a leadership role in Apple’s overall digital presence across all products.
- Strategic: The ability to communicate high-level concepts and overall business direction.
- Innovative: Putting forth new solutions that break new ground in digital interaction.
- Results-oriented: A proven track record of delivering results.
- Collaborative: With multiple stakeholders, communication and teamwork is critical.
- Leadership: In addition to being a manager, the candidate must be able to lead a team to a desired result.
- Requires a minimum of ten years of experience in web project management, with at least five years of management experience. Interactive agency experience is preferred.
- Must be a results-oriented individual, capable of multi-tasking with a cross-functional team.
- Must be native in Japanese and fluent in English.
- Position is located in Japan Marcom.
- Extensive travel required to Cupertino, California. Up to 4 weeks per quarter.
- Direct reporting to Director, Marketing Communications, Japan, located in Tokyo.
Lead and manage a team of Interactive producers for all high-profile product launches. Structure and scope complex digital and interactive projects. Develop marketing content for multiple digital platforms and stakeholders, including the Apple Online Store and Apple Retail digital experiences both online and in store. Prioritize projects and ongoing changes in real time. Manage external vendors to produce outcomes under tight deadlines. Lead the overall interactive process. Work with senior-level internal executives and stakeholders. Work with key strategic members of the HQ Interactive Team to come up with solutions to strategic challenges. Provide interactive marketing insights and strategy. Add strategic feedback based on website performance analytics. Leverage relevant project management tools. Develop a forecast and project pipeline on a rolling six month basis.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred or commensurate work experience.
- Manage interactive projects across multiple digital platforms.
- Work effectively with creative, development, and cross functional teams.
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Familiarity with internet and mobile technologies as well as cross-device marketing.
- An understanding of Social Media platforms and the local trends and nuances.
- Organize information quickly and summarize it succinctly.
- Accommodate rapid change.
- Define process efficiencies.
- Work under tight deadlines.
- Possess a keen eye for detail.
- Communicate effectively one on one and in large groups.