Machine Learning Engineer, NLP, CJK
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
Have you ever wanted to delight millions of people by applying cutting edge natural language processing and machine learning technologies to deliver amazing features to our Chinese, Japanese, and Korean customers? Join the natural language processing team that drives on-device text intelligence at Apple. We are looking for a talented and passionate engineer who will work on innovating text input and other applications of NLP technologies with a focus on Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages.
- Solid foundation in natural language processing and machine learning
- Significant experience with state-of-art deep learning
- Programming experience with C++, Objective C or similar object-oriented languages
- Fluent in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
As a member of the team you will be responsible for bringing innovative ideas to our next generation of Chinese/Japanese/Korean text input system in order to take the overall typing experience across all Apple platforms to the next level of quality and intelligence. Our work typically involves leveraging very large quantities of data and state-of-the-art methods in deep learning to tackle real world problems. The ideal candidate will have experience in applying machine learning on large text corpora, as well as the use of NLP in software, including design, implementation, algorithms, correctness, user experience, and performance.
Education & Experience
MSc or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Industrial experience applying machine learning techniques to NLP problems that involve large-scale data