Senior Manager, Product Marketing & Strategy, Search Ads
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Search Ads is an easy, efficient and fast-growing platform for app discovery. With over 65% of all app downloads resulting directly from a search on the App Store, Search Ads is quickly becoming the app promotion platform of choice for iOS developers. We’re looking for a smart, motivated senior product marketing leader to establish a new team in Tokyo. You'll report to the global Director of Product Management and Marketing located in our Cupertino headquarters. We're looking for somebody who thrives working in a fast paced environment with partners both locally and globally. You'll be a team builder and great teammate with an inclusive, collaborative leadership style that engenders trust, develops credibility, and elevates morale. You should be able to quickly gain the respect and support of both management, internal and external partners, and employees by demonstrating deep business insight, exceptional marketing expertise and valued personal attributes such as sound judgment, attention to detail, objectivity, teamwork, quiet confidence, and accountability.
- A minimum of 10 years of B2B product marketing experience for a leading brand, Advertising platform or technology.
- Successful track record in supporting sales teams in their marketing needs, marketing directly to agencies, big brand performance marketers, app developers or small businesses.
- Independent and self-sufficient, able to excel within autonomy and ambiguity.
- Ability to influence leadership on key decisions
- Extraordinary communication skills both verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and socialize ideas across functions
- Intelligent quick learner with an analytical orientation, strategic vision, and strong executional track record.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills with ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of data into action plans.
- Strong project management, organizational, and creative thinking skills, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines while under pressure
- Ability to remain highly composed in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Demonstrated success of leading high performance teams in a highly networked, global organization
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust, can quickly develop relationships with a wide variety of cross functional and global colleagues
You'll ensure a deep understanding of what differentiates Search Ads as a product and service, and how it offers unique value in the context of the broader app advertising market in Japan and Korea. You'll lead the creation of the regional go-to-market plan, collaborating closely with global Product Marketing, global Product Strategy, global and local Sales leads, Product Management, PR, Business Intelligence and other cross-functional teams to figure out an effective launch strategy. Develop and implement strategies and programs to best drive awareness, adoption, and affinity in the Japan and Korea markets and ensure Search Ads is consistently top of mind for app promotion. Collaborate with global Product Marketing leads to develop and execute global marketing strategies for self serve customers. Define and execute regional programs as required to acquire new customers, minimize churn and maximize customer success. Partner with global Product Marketing and Partner Managed Training team to create localized marketing and messaging materials to ensure the proper presentation and positioning of Search Ads to prospects, existing customers and our internal teams in the region. Oversee localization of global sales enablement materials such as standard presentations, data sheets, fact sheets, industry briefs, case studies, messaging guides, etc to support regional Partner Managed team in their client discussions and achievement of sales and revenue goals. Figure out any unique local market needs and drive development of any regional specific sales enablement materials to meet those needs. Develop the events strategy for the region in partnership with the regional Partner Development team lead and global counterparts. Help lead the successful execution and measurement of those events. Participate in user-experience research both locally and globally to identify new business opportunities and inform marketing positioning and messaging. Analyze the fiscal performance of regional markets and customer segments, partnering with internal counterparts to find opportunities for improving product monetization and customer success. Hire and develop a team of top product marketers with proven, relevant expertise. Provide motivational leadership and set the team up for success by ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly communicated, the strategic vision for the function is defined and shared, processes are established, and personal development plans are implemented. Build senior-level relationships with key partners across App Store Marketing, Developer Relations and iTunes. Conduct regular planning sessions focused on the successful sell-in and execution of marketing programs, ensuring objectives are achieved smoothly. Build and deliver formal presentations and conduct cross functional group discussions for a broad range of audiences.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Analytics or related field.
- Fluency in English language and Japanese or Korean language required.