Technical Internship - Software Engineer (Web Application / Japan)
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. Apple’s Mac System Quality team is looking for a talented intern to participated in exciting work of web applications development. You will have a chance to practice in design and development of software systems to help visualize large scale metrics. This is an outstanding opportunity for students who are passionate about front-end development experience and delivering an extraordinary user experience.
- Currently are enrolled in BS/MS of PhD programs of relevant degree.
- Strong interest in designing and implementing responsive UI/Front-end for high volume web applications.
- Knowledge of data-driven web development (JSON, AJAX, and XML)
- Experience in Python.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Familiarity with source control systems such as git/svn
- Experience with APIs and a solid understanding of HTTP and REST architecture
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and agile development environment.
- Must hold relevant work permit in Japan for the duration of the internship.
Specific tasks will be tuned by project leader depending on specifics of background of a selected student. General list of tasks would be: - Participate in design and coding of end to end solutions in a variety of contexts including: - Full-stack web development (web front ends, web services, backend servers and storage) - Development of tools to analyze and visualize data - Prototyping user experiences using paper prototypes/whiteboards - Integration with RESTful web services. Build RESTful web service APIs using Python web framework such as Flask, Falcon or Bottle
Education & Experience
Students working on BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.