Technical Internship - Optical Thin Film Development [JAPAN]
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- Pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in the field of Optics, Solid State Physics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or related subjects.
- Familiarity with basic analysis methods (SEM, EDS, XRD etc.) as well as some optical and tribological test methods (Spectroscopy, Sensofar, Zygo, ASTM adhesion tests, abrasion tests, strength tests, Nano-scratch, Nano-indent, etc.)
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques. (Matlab and JMP experience is a plus.)
- Experience using thin film design software TFCalc, Essential Macleod or OptiLayer.
- Experience working with PVD coatings, either sputtering or evaporation methods.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must hold relevant work permit in Japan for the duration of the internship.
Your project will be in the field of rapid advancement of materials and processes that are the building blocks of our world’s finest devices. A successful candidate will work within a cross-functional team to realize advanced optical thin film/coating technologies in Yokohama Technology Center of Apple Japan. This position demands technical strengths, together with excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Physics, Optics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or related fields.