Sr. Brand Manager, Beats, Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The Senior Brand Manager at Beats by Dre is a marketing generalist responsible for partnering with the VP on the development of integrated marketing plans, and leading their implementation to meet company objectives. You will be required to understand the target customer in Japan and have the ability to discern what types of strategies and communication will be relevant and motivating to them, balancing the global brand positioning and presentation with the needs of the local market. Fostering internal relationships is a requirement in this mission, partnering with the Global Centre, Partner/Channel Communications, Senior Leadership as well as external agencies. Developing external relationships, with a focus on music and sports is key in establishing the brand in market. You will serve as the authoritative voice for the Beats by Dre brand in Japan.
- Minimum 5-10 years of multi-discipline marketing experience with world class global brand(s)
- Creative, production and project management experience essential
- Initiative: Highly adaptive, able to identify issues and proactive problem solving critical to success. An agile self-starter, results oriented and able to deal with ambiguity
- Leadership: Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams and complicated projects
- Drive execution, foster innovation and collaborates deeply with others
- Strategic planning and budgeting experience is a requirement
- Influence: Ability to influence across the organisation, including senior management
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Calm under pressure while exuding competence and “can do” attitude
- Love of pop culture and music and a genuine understanding of why it matters
- Passion: Sense of mission - having the personal passion that compels them to apply energy and creativity towards achieving it
- Communicates effectively (written and oral) with all cross functional contacts (internal and external)
- Able to organise workload, prioritise and multi-task work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- An ability to interact with people in different cultures in a way that promotes understanding and is respectful and effective
- Language: Japanese language and knowledge of Japanese culture and consumer behaviour a must. Spoken and written English also a must.
Partner with the Vice President, Marketing to develop the annual marketing plans and ongoing core and seasonal plans which incorporate multiple touchpoints. Partners with the Global Centre to develop processes for management and use of globally created assets, properties and events. Partners with APAC VP and marketing team on localising use of assets as appropriate for Japan. Responsible for translating the global brand positioning in a way that resonates with the target customer and is strongly differentiated from competitive brands Directly responsible for execution of all marketing initiatives for Japan, including developing briefs, creating timelines and managing projects Drives teams and closely manages multiple outside agency partners (e.g. advertising, media, social media, digital, influencer etc) in the execution of initiatives Have a genuine interest, curiosity and desire to develop never been done before, effective campaigns that deliver on objectives Know and engage in the Beats target customer to provide insight and ensure programs are targeted to drive brand and category success Focus on product, working closely with Channel/Partner Communications to align on seasonal stories and help build consumer right messages for e-commerce and doors Conducts evaluation of execution during and after campaign launch Develops all briefs, campaign recaps, and brand reporting in an accurate, timely manner to foster future improvement Leads creative process, with particular emphasis on production to ensure execution stays on deadline Oversee development and management of annual budget. Deliver all marketing activities within the agreed budget Inspire and helps lead junior members of the marketing team by clearly stating objectives, maintaining open communication and motivating to accomplish tasks.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required.