Apple Music, Global Campaigns & Programs Producer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Global Promotions team at Apple Music seeks a passionate, solutions-oriented cross-functional producer to project manage high-profile campaigns and programs. The cross-functional producer is the definitive point person for all communication, scheduling and documentation including change management. They will coordinate with production, business and marketing teams (including design, UI, editorial, localization, content programming, product marketing, and software engineering) to ensure that promotions are completed under the required deadlines and meet if not exceed the goals of the business. The producer should be the expert in how content iterates in our ecosystem, and an in-depth understanding of how upcoming features will impact merchandising strategy. The producer will also manage local promotions using local teams, colleagues and partners who may be in region but not in the same office. In addition to project specific goals, we make aim to uphold the overarching Apple goals to surprise and delight existing customers/subscribers as well as acquire new customers/subscribers. This team works hand in hand with the business and marketing teams to execute high-profile campaigns and programs on the iTunes and Apple music platforms world-wide. We are an internal-facing team focused on production strategy and execution. We drive and document efficient processes and schedules in collaboration with engineering and product development teams. We cover the needs of the entire Music business line including content curation, playlisting, Beats 1 Radio, original content, live events and brand development.
- You are able to speak fluent Japanese and English.
- You should be able to manage multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic environment.
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture and be comfortable with a level of ambiguity.
- You should exhibit confidence in advancing and presenting to senior management on project status and schedules.
- You should be a proven self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- You show a proven ability to lead impactful programs independently under concurrent deadlines.
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners and technical teams.
- You have experience project managing software engineering and product engineering teams.
- You are technically savvy with a deep understanding of UI and UX principals and practice.
- You have outstanding communication skills. Including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners, including the ability to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks in business terms.
- You have above average presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization.
- You work collaboratively under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You are results-oriented, energetic and focused with a strong dream to learn and succeed.
- You are well versed in pop culture, music and are passionate about entertainment.
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to tackle challenges while maintaining and even keep and sense of humor under pressure.
- You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are critical. Our ideal candidate excels in dynamic, creative environments. They exhibit a deep interest in developing and fostering positive cross-functional relationships through exceptional communication and collaborative teamwork. This candidate exercises the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality. They understand how to set the appropriate tone for a project, can juggle relationships with several types of personalities, and operate calmly and efficiently under tight deadlines. The candidate is capable of working efficiently with local colleagues/ partners as well as those based in different offices and/or timezones. We are looking for a leader who can inspire collaboration and innovation even during times of stress. This candidate will be responsible for project management of branded and non-branded campaigns and promotions with Apple Music, Beats 1 and iTunes eco-systems. IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING: - Help a bridge communication between teams in Japan and teams based in California. - Create and maintain project schedules. You will redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action. - Create meetings and document action items, progress and change management. - Evaluate business briefs to extract project goals and content strategies including the requirements and resources required to execute the promotion. - Coordinate with the production teams (editorial, localization, programming, merchandising, UI, UX, content operations, marketing, design) to identify and facilitate all necessary production asset approvals with upper management and business partners. - Work closely with editorial and localization teams to maintain consistency of presentation and voice across Apple Music deliverables. - Influence and drive new production processes and streamline existing processes. - Triage, diagnose and communicate complex technical detail to UI /UX engineering and design teams.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree preferred, plus 7-10 years related work experience