Partner Marketing Manager, iTunes Marketing | Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Apple Music is home to millions of songs, albums and playlists along with original shows, radio programs, concerts and more. You can stream over 50 million songs, playlists and albums along with your entire iTunes library without ever hearing an ad. You can also download anything from Apple Music and listen to it offline right from your phone. With up-and-coming artists and daily curated playlists, Apple Music is always bringing content that’s new and noteworthy. Listen to Beats 1 radio live 24/7, and, if you have a specific music request, just ask Siri. You can create a profile and follow friends to see what they’ve been playing and share the music you love too. Apple Music is the fastest growing music streaming service in the world and now has over 50 million subscribers. The Apple App Store is the world’s largest and most innovative software store, with nearly 500 million weekly visitors. Redesigned to make discovering apps and games easier than ever before, the App Store will now be offering compelling stories, in-depth interviews, helpful tips and collections of must-have apps and games to showcase Apple’s unusual perspective and to help and inspire customers every single day. Apple is expanding its valued partnerships with the key business partners, such as leading mobile network operators, payment partners & media partners, to further develop marketing partnership programs around the Apple content services. Apple is seeking an experienced partner marketing manager based in Tokyo to develop, run and maintain partner programs for its services including Apple Music and App Store.
- Proven track record of managing partner marketing, merchandising, CRM, training and staff engagement programs, ideally within a telco or with an agency working with telecoms partners.
- Ability to identify opportunities to grow and improve existing partnerships with drive and persistence to see new projects from conception and planning through to launch.
- Passionate about the Apple brand, music and content with a proactive and enthusiastic can-do attitude.
- A strong understanding of the digital software and media landscape and Apple’s role within it.
- Proven success in messaging premium third party brands in a partner environment.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills as well as exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills are a must.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, both within the wider business and with partners.
- Experience in staff education and training beneficial.
- Direct experience of value added services and the content and/or music industries as well as experience within the subscription industry are also considered an advantage.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a global organization.
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, constantly evolving and dynamic environment.
- Native level Japanese with fluency in English, verbal and written
Build, manage and improve partner marketing, communications, merchandising and CRM programs. Ensure all partner marketing and merchandising campaigns are in accordance with Apple brand standards and values and are fully aligned with the commercial strategy of the partnership. Manage marketing and merchandising asset approval process on a day-to-day basis. Support in developing a comprehensive partner marketing toolkit. Analyze and optimize marketing, communications and merchandising campaigns and build best practices. Closely partner with all teams involved across Apple including hardware, sales and Marcom to deliver holistic marketing, communications, merchandising and training plans to partners.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business or related, MBA or equivalent degree preferred
- This position is based in Tokyo.