IC Back-End Process Engineer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Imagine what you could do here at Apple? Together we could help craft the next generation of the world’s finest devices. New ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your career, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The main responsibility of the IC Back-End Process Engineer at Apple's Japan Design Center is preparing new silicon IC’s for mass production. This includes backend process integration and qualifying new silicon IC’s; defining, implementing and validating manufacturing test processes; evaluating problems, identifying and analyzing product failure modes and determining corrective actions in consultation with the supplier’s engineer, test engineer and design teams; supporting failure analysis and maintaining quality for backend process. You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Apple. The right candidate will thrive in that type of environment. It's one of the most exciting aspects of the job. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here.
- The ideal candidate should have more than seven years of backend process engineering experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IC backend process (i.e., bumping process, dicing process, COF, COG, etc.).
- Knowledgeable in production control process, data validity check / interpretation and statistical analysis.
- Experience handling supplier’s evaluation data (i.e., chip bending strength, shear strength, etc.).
- Experience of package frame design by using tools such as AutoCAD, Allegro and others.
- High volume product yield management.
- Ability to define and direct design of experiment for root cause determination.
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal team members and external suppliers.
- Analog and digital IC high volume manufacturing experience.
- Travel is required.
Define backend processes specifications for mass production and provide support to fab/backend sites for smooth production. Perform data analysis, characterization, and fault isolation to identify the root cause of any issues. Work with design, process including assembly (i.e., BUMP and Dicing), and test engineers to identify and implement corrective actions on both new and mature products and technologies. Define and finalize production specifications based upon mechanical requirement and evaluation results. Perform statistical data analysis on mass data set. Perform yield analyses and correlation analyses for all levels of test - pareto building, statistics, etc. Define qualification plan and generate qualification report for backend process.
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE or equivalent is required