Sensor Process Engineer
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this position, as a key member of the Camera Sensing Devices team, you will be responsible for working with suppliers to bring up new sensing devices with good performance and yields. You will work with operations engineering on yield issues, as well as work with suppliers on process development to enable next generation sensing technologies.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of process integration experience:
- Design and manufacturing experience in optoelectronic devices.
- Hands-on experience with modern 300mm Silicon or III-V semiconductor process technology. Assembly process experience is a plus.
- Ability to use contemporary and industry standard process monitoring tools to statistically evaluate the performance of a manufacturing cell or module.
- Ability to define simulations and work with physicists in realizing realistic simulations of new ideas.
- Strong device physics, excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work closely with others in a very cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated success with several designs fabricated in modern cutting-edge foundries or captive fabs.
- Experience developing sensor specifications and working with new sensor development.
- Deep knowledge of industry standards.
Core Responsibilities: As a Sensor Process Engineer owning the semiconductor processes (or the specs for the processes) you will be: ▪Collaborating with global sensor suppliers to evaluate their manufacturing capability and to create an Apple specific roadmap. ▪Working with design teams to assure that the process roadmap will meet our needs. ▪Working with suppliers on new product development, performance and yield improvement, reliability qualification, and fab qualification. ▪Working with the internal and external teams to implement new process technologies. ▪Working with internal and external teams to assure that sufficient and correct testing is implemented at all stages to guarantee performance. ▪Keeping track of the process nodes and PDK’s used on all of our Sensors and maintain our Sensor process roadmap.
Education & Experience
MSc/PhD in physics, electrical engineering, or a similar discipline