Application Engineer - Display Technology (Japan Design Center)
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. As an Application Engineer within Apple’s Hardware organization, you will be responsible for supporting users in Apple and also external vendors. The candidate should have good basic understandings/knowledge of Display technology including system, architecture and components. The candidate will communicate and work closely with design teams and other groups internally at Apple for supporting bring-up, validation and trouble shooting.
- Typically requires minimum 5 years of experience in Display applications.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the Display technology such as system, architecture of display and components.
- Working knowledge of laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and others.
- Experience of Software Programming (e.g. C, C++ or Python).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills including report documentation.
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude.
- Experience interfacing with users / customers directly.
- Proficiency in English and Japanese.
Core Responsibilities of Application Engineer will be : - Work with users in Apple and vendors to bring up and evaluate display module. - Work with design teams and vendors to analyze failure and trouble shooting, identify the root cause and propose countermeasures to resolve issues. - Based on system requirements, tune the display quality and optimize settings to maximize performance with consideration of manufacturing variation in production. - Generate and maintain datasheet and application notes. Provide information to users how to use the product. - Support qualification activities at vendor. - Support module level validation working with internal team and vendors. - Frequent business trips for on-site support are required.
Education & Experience
BS Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent required. MS degree is preferred.
- IC Product design experience is plus.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of product development processes.
- Skill for FPGA implementation is strongly preferred.
- Experience of Excel VBA is preferred.