Infrastructure Manager, IS&T Tokyo
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here? The Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) team provides the underlying technology that powers Apple’s business. Our work is tied to both the Apple internal business teams, as well as, external facing customer services. We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our infrastructure team of skilled engineers as we deliver high quality services and introduce new technologies.
- 5+ years of management experience in a global multinational company.
- Engineering expertise with network operating systems on Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Arista, and Juniper platforms including routing, switching, WiFi, VPN, and firewall technologies.
- Technical background in Internet networking design with ISP level knowledge of BGP, OSPF, DNS, CDN, IPv6, Anycast, and peering.
- Knowledge of corporate or call center VoIP environments including SIP, codecs, and signaling protocols from major vendors such as Avaya, Nortel, Cisco, or others.
- Experience in data center technologies, services, and operations.
- Ability to present and communicate technical strategies to senior management, business leaders, and executives.
- Possess project management, organizational, and operational knowledge in the technical infrastructure area.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Vendor management experience including reviewing RFPs, contract details, and ongoing service management.
- Coding and development knowledge a plus.
Based in Tokyo, you are responsible for leading a team of 10+ technical engineers, delivering projects, and running the day-to-day operations of the technical infrastructure. You will cover a wide range of infrastructure including network, voice, systems, and services. You will provide technical leadership and direction for the infrastructure services and interface across a diverse group of teams in the Asia Pacific region and global organization. You will need to be influential and provide country expertise for innovative technologies in the local markets.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- LOCATION :
- The role is based in Japan, but you will also collaborate across the Asia Pacific region and with global teams. Some domestic and international travel required.
- LANGUAGE :
- Fluency in English and one other regional language (Japanese or Korean)