CAE Engineer (Yokohama Technology Center)
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The Optics Engineering team is responsible for research, design, development, test and qualification of optical components for Apple products. The team is looking for mechanical simulation engineer with a lot of experience and advanced techniques.
- The ideal candidate will have over 5 years of work experience in area of mechanical simulation and validation.
- Experienced in measurement data analysis by using statistical methods.
- Familiarity with 2D/3D CAD and related simulation software.
- Good knowledge of materials: glass and plastic, metal.
- Experience interfacing with optical designers and mechanical engineers to achieve next generation products.
Work on new generation optical component development. Take the initiative for research and development of precise component manufacturing processes. Setup mechanical simulation and create simulation model and its evaluation.
Education & Experience
Preference is put on current skills, experience and motivation rather than the level of degree.
- Experience in optical testing (MTF, interferometry, spectral analysis, and reliability etc) for optical component and camera module.
- Pro-active, hands-on approach developing technology for optical elements.
- High energy, multitasker, resourceful problem solver, with an ability to work under pressure and take initiative.
- Open minded and excited to learn and share ideas.
- English level skill would be beneficial.