Field Design Engineer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here! The Field Design Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical Field Engineer with experience in mobile communication systems. You will be helping to drive the evaluation of the latest iPad and iPhone HW systems in both field and the Lab.
- You should have a deep understanding with practical experience in wireless technologies and standards (Wi-Fi, BT, NFC, UMTS, LTE or GPS)
- In depth knowledge & expertise in system test plan creation and execution for any given wireless technology
- Background in OTA testing and RF issues debugging is a plus
- You should be able to work independently and should be proactive
- Demonstrate the ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Good interpersonal and proven written/verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Able to Travel Locally and Internationally
As a Field Engineer, you will be helping to drive the evaluation of the latest iPad and iPhone HW systems in both field and the Lab. This includes very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS Validation etc. You will be working with several cross-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW System issues.
Education & Experience
Required to have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar as a minimum.
- - You will need strong problem identification and issue resolution abilities
- - You should have good analytical skills
- - Experience with test box as RF Signal Generators, etc is a plus
- - Scripting experience (shell/perl/python/matlab) is a plus