Field Engineer - Connectivity
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here! The Field Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical Field Engineer with experience in NFC and mobile payment systems. You will be involved in evaluating the latest iPad and iPhone HW systems in both field and the Lab.
- Solid understanding with practical experience in NFC systems and/or other wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, BT, UMTS, LTE or GPS)
- Knowledge of NFC standards, Secure Element and Mobile Payment systems
- In depth knowledge & Expertise in System test plan creation and execution for any given wireless technology
- Background in OTA testing and RF issues debugging a plus.
- Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- You will have strong communication skills not only interpersonally, but also written/verbal
- You should be able to work dedicatedly and independently
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a complete functional area of an application or product
- Able to travel Locally and Internationally
As the Field Engineer, you will be involved in evaluating the latest iPad and iPhone HW systems in both field and the Lab. This includes very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS Validation etc. You will work with several cross-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW System issues.
Education & Experience
Required to have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar as a minimum.
- - Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- - Experience with test box as RF Signal Generators, etc.
- - Scripting experience (shell/perl/python/matlab)