Financial Analyst - RTM team
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic, highly-motivated individual for a key role in financial support of the Carrier business within the Sales Finance organization at Apple Japan. The Northeast Asia Finance team manages all sales finance activities for Apple’s indirect channel businesses in Japan and Korea. The team forms part of a dynamic Worldwide Sales Finance organization, aligned by key areas which are led locally, but with a strong alignment to global process ownership. The key areas include Demand Forecasting & Analytics (DF&A), Route-to-Market Finance (RTM), Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), and Business Support Finance. The Financial analyst, based in Tokyo, is a key player in understanding and analyzing the Apple business in Japan.
- Understanding and experience in the Japan Carrier (Telco) environment conducive
- Strong finance background with Business Finance, FP&A, Consulting, or Sales Operations experience of 5 years minimum
- Strong analytical skills with business modeling and financial forecasting experience
- Strong Japanese and English proficiency with excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Skilled in ERP software (e.g. SAP), database apps (Access or equivalent) and advanced MS Excel skills
- Shown ability to influence with numbers
- Attention to details, while being able to maintain a bigger picture view
- Self starter & phenomenal teammate with positive, dedicated and open attitude
- Ability to prioritize workload and respond quickly to urgent requests. Flexible and adaptable
- High Business sense and integrity
The Financial analyst role, based in Tokyo, is part of the Route-to-Market (RTM) Finance team and is a key player in understanding and analyzing the Japan Carrier business. The key responsibilities include actual tracking and analysis of unit and revenue, value and other performance measurements, offers and pricing analysis, financial operations support and being the internal go-to-person for financial matters related to the Carrier business. - Supplies to annual business plan processes to set stretch strategic goals, as well as provide regular and ad hoc forecasting analysis on seasonality, new product introduction uplift, evaluation on channel programs, promotions, and T&C’s. - Supports weekly and quarterly business reviews to understand the Japan Carrier and mobile industry/regulatory landscape. - Builds business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis. - Understand current offers available in the market, consumer needs and the market dynamics to develop and propose attractive and ambitious offering proposals for existing or new channels. - Build and maintain significant metric and variance reports, dashboards and analytics. - Build up a strong relationship and work closely with Sales counterparts and external partners to understand market drivers. - Support and recommend on quarterly commission quotas and reseller target setting. - Database maintenance and data source audit and process deep-dive as needed. KEY INTERACTION WITH Sales VP and Directors, Japan Controller, FP&A, RTM and DF&A Finance teams, Sales Operations, Channel Sales Programs, WW Sales Finance in Cupertino Finance, Legal, and Global Business Solutions in Singapore.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related field. MBA helpful