App Store Today, Editorial Photo Producer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The Apple App Store is the world’s largest and most innovative software store, with nearly 500 million weekly visitors. Redesigned to make discovering apps and games easier than ever before, the App Store will now be offering compelling stories, in-depth interviews, helpful tips and collections of must-have apps and games to showcase Apple’s unique perspective and to help and inspire customers every day. Apple Media is looking for a seasoned Photo Producer to join their App Store Editorial Design team to help centralize and lead the creative and administrative functions related to photography. Work is typically done by small teams under tight deadlines, so strong communication skills are required, as is coolness under pressure, resourcefulness, ingenuity in solving problems, dependability, attention to detail and the ability to learn and cope with rapid change. Not least, the idea candidate is dedicated to Apple’s high standards of quality.
- Ability to concept original shoots with art directors and cast appropriate photographers
- Expert in photography production workflows, fees and rights negotiation.
- Ideal candidate will have a vast pool of industry contacts including agents, and photographers
- A keen ability to develop cultural and commercial narratives with impactful photographic imagery
- Knowledge of image rights and legal clearance processes for licensed and commissioned content
- Ability to self manage and prioritize multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Able to negotiate image contracts, usage and fees
- Ability to optimize imagery for digital and print use: including color correction and basic retouching.
- Strong photo research background with the ability to source photography from a variety of photo agencies and photographers within a same day deadline.
- Candidates should have a BA/BS+, 5+ years multimedia photo editing experience, excellent communication skills, and a solid understanding of the creative development process.
- Experience in an editorial, journalism environment a plus
Core duties will include collaborating with design team to concept shoots, source photographers, lead productions and at times source image libraries for App Store and marketing design materials. Secure licensing and lead pricing negotiation with reps, photographers and stock houses daily. Assisting with archiving licensed materials on eDAM. Will play an active role in contributing to the team’s collaborators pool by identifying photo houses, photographers and image sources to partner with in market for specific projects
Education & Experience
- • 5+ years experience
- • Bachelor's degree in Photography, Web, Graphic, Information or Communication
- • Expert Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and preferably Capture One
- • Portfolio required
- • Keynote experience a plus
- • Fluency in Japanese