iTunes Japan - Head of Marketing
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're searching for a strong leader with phenomenal ideas and a real passion for content to run our Marketing organization. As the Head of Marketing, you will be the primary person responsible for the execution of iTunes marketing in Japan — collaborating with corporate and local team members responsible for marketing programs, sales, partners, content, and product management for iTunes.
- We're looking for an excellent marketeer with fantastic leadership, relationship and account management abilities, and phenomenal communication skills.
- You should have experience developing business and content strategies that focus on customers and the growth of the business.
- You'll need excellent people management skills, including setting goals, driving performance, and encouraging development.
- A deep understanding of digital entertainment trends and influences in Japan is key.
- You should have excellent entertainment industry and business contacts.
- Experience in developing and executing large national consumer marketing programs.
- Seasoned leadership skills with demonstrated ability to present recommendations and plans to senior management.
- Skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence.
- Attention to detail and excellent project management skills running schedules, deliverables, cross-functional responsibilities, etc.
- We're looking for a highly motivated team-player who is able to work in dynamic environment.
- Ideally, you'll have over 10 years of relevant marketing (digital, entertainment) experience, as well as over 5 years in people management.
- Japanese and English fluency required
This position is responsible for: 1. developing impactful marketing strategies and programs to reach the music, video, books, and apps markets in Japan to grow Apple’s content and service businesses 2. managing the marketing team for iTunes in Japan 3. helping launch new business ventures 4. marketing programs that are well-integrated with the iTunes content stores and Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and other businesses working with Editorial and Partner Relations, Corporate Communications and Marketing Communications teams in both Japan and Cupertino. The role includes developing, managing, and executing scalable, high-impact marketing programs with a variety of internal and external teams. This will include marketing vendors and partner companies focused on Japan, such as game developers, record labels, movie studios, book/magazine publishers, entertainment publications, online businesses, as well as other online and offline marketing entities. Your success in the role will be measured according to your ability to execute on marketing programs attracting new customers, leading to the growth in business. You'll implement programs that are relevant for the Japan market, explore and capitalize on untapped opportunities, and effectively manage the local marketing team. The programs you develop will be assessed based on overall impact on customer excitement that leads to revenue, cost-effectiveness, return on investment, and alignment with company goals and strategies.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required; MBA a plus