CNC/Diamond Turning Engineer (Yokohama Technology Center)
神奈川, 神奈川県, 日本
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here? Optics Prototyping team is responsible for prototyping key optical components for new products. The team is looking for a diamond turning engineer to work on the prototyping of advanced optical products. This job will include work on new manufacturing technologies and new products that will change the environment in ways never imaged before.
- Hands-on experience operating and problem solving on diamond turning equipment and other CNC equipment
- Proficiency in diamond turning of optical components such as lenses and combiners both directly in plastic and in metals for tooling.
- Extensive knowledge in mold tool structure and design
- Experience in high accuracy lab metrologies such as profilometers and CMM
- Ability to read 2D/3D CAD and related simulation software
- Familiar with aspheres, cylinders and freeforms both in terms of geometry and measurement
- Good knowledge of plastic optical materials such as acrylics, polycarbonates and cyclic olefins as well as diamond turnable metals such as nickel, copper and aluminum.
Core Responsibilities: As a Diamond Turning Engineer, you will be working on the direct prototyping of plastic lenses to evaluate new lens designs as well as making tooling for molding. Activities will include hands-on work with diamond turning equipment and metrology equipment. You will also be asked to evaluate lens designs for manufacturability and to suggest improvements. As such, an ability to observe and draw conclusions to enhance tooling design, lens design and manufacturability will be important. Failure mode analysis, root-cause diagnosis and problem solving within a small prototyping team and with cross-functional teams will be routine.
Bachelor/Masters degree required in Engineering. Industry experience preferred.