Engineering Technician (Yokohama Technology Center)
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Apple is looking for Engineering Technicians to work at Yokohama Technology Center. Co-working with process engineers, you will operate and maintain process tools, which are used to make prototypes of various optical coatings for Apple’s next generation products.
- More than 5 years of experience operating PVD or CVD process tools as thermal evaporation, ion beam assisted deposition, sputtering, thermal or plasma CVD, and ALD for thin film coatings.
- Experience in preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical issues for vacuum process tools above.
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools including optical microscope, SEM, spectrometer, ellipsometer, FT-IR and stylus profiler. Experience with micro-spectrophotometer is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with testing tools and methods such as HTHH testing with environmental test chamber, UV light irradiation test, cross hatch adhesion test, abrasion test, and water contact angle measurement.
- Good ability to handle tiny parts with tweezers.
- Capability of accurately record/prepare test results.
- Basic statistics knowledge and analytical skill with software.
- Intermediate level of English communication.
A successful candidate will work on daily operations of process tools. You will need to work with process engineers to understand the direction of the testing and will actually operate process and metrology tools to conduct various coatings, measurements and testing. Major responsibilities of this position are: - Running process recipe in vacuum coating tool for optical coatings. - Measurement of the deposited thin films with spectrometer or any other instruments. - Recording and summarizing the observed data with process. - Troubleshooting of hardware and communications with tool vendor. - Periodical maintenance of process tools. - Documentation of SOPs. - Purchasing consumable goods for the lab. You will be also working with cross functional team including EHS, Facilities, and Engineering team in both YTC and Cupertino.
Education & Experience
Industrial High School or Regular High School with minimum 7 years of working experience. Technical Collage with minimum of 5 years of working experience. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or related Engineering field with minimum of 3 years of working experience.