Music Editor - Apple Music, Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Apple Music, the world’s fastest-growing subscription music streaming service, offers an incredible catalog of tens of millions of songs, combined with your entire iTunes library, which you can stream or download for offline listening all completely ad-free. We are looking for a passionate and talented individual to program Apple Music in Japan. This is an editorial role, reporting to the Head of Music for Japan. If you are passionate about music, enjoy working and collaborating across a number of cross functional teams, and are well organized to meet targets and deadlines, we're keen to hear from you.
- Do you have at least three years experience and knowledge in radio, retail, A&R, editorial, record labels, and/or any other music related field(s)?
- Are you culturally savvy with a good sense of judgment on the appropriateness of content?
- We're looking for somebody with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent collaboration skills.
- We'd love to find somebody with a self-motivated, driven attitude.
- If you have experience in copy-writing, that will also be useful.
As the Music Editor, you will build an editorial strategy and decide editorial priorities. This will take into account product release info, demographic targeting, partner promotions and marketing promotional opportunities etc. You'll have responsibility for programming featured content within our content management system on a regular basis. You will ensure the editorial voice of Apple Music is clear and well-balanced, between innovative promotions and the discovery of great new music We'll need you to support an overall Apple Music editorial strategy that seeks to synchronise marketing and editorial activities across media types (apps, music, TV, movies, podcasts, Apple Books, etc.) in a co-ordinated fashion. Research user activity using internal Apple Music reporting tools to refine editorial selection. You'll work closely with the Marketing team to maximise the reach of promotion opportunities, and also liaise with the Production team on a weekly basis to ensure that design, audio and copy requirements are delivered in a timely fashion and are always consistent with our brand values. Cross-functional work with Apple Music/iTunes Music, TV, movies, and apps teams is another key area of responsibility.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent work experience